Most of us find ourselves working in modern offices. Our workspaces these days are significantly different from what our ancestors were used to. The way humans have primarily worked has changed a few times throughout our history.
Up until prehistoric times, most humans focused on gathering food from their environments and hunting animals. This requires significant physical prowess and our ancestors were nomadic in nature. Then as we got settled down and organized ourselves into kingdoms and villages, our work style changed again. Most of the workforce was involved in agriculture. This was significantly hard too, but not as hard as hunting and gathering was.
Soon, we faced a changing of the status quo again, this time, in the form of the industrial revolution. The industrial revolution led to the establishment of factories and manufacturing plants across the world, again changing how the workforce functioned. Most workers had to do jobs in factories, as a part of mechanized assembly lines. This work was significantly easier than agriculture and employed a whole lot of people.
The next revolution in terms of working conditions was arguably the biggest one yet. This was the digital revolution which took hold after the advent of the internet. With the digital age being set in place, most workers across the world held desk jobs. These jobs primarily had people working with computers and being confined to their desks and chairs all day long. While this kind of work was physically easier than agriculture or factory labor, it did have its downsides.
It might be hard to believe but sitting in an office chair all day long can lead to bodily injuries. Desk workers often complain of frequent cramps, carpal tunnels, headaches, eye strain and back injuries as a result of sitting too long. Having a desk job also leads to a lack of circulation in the lower body, especially the legs and feet.
These may seem like insignificant problems but stack up over years and years of sitting at a stationary desk. However, there are certain things you can do to alleviate or prevent some of these problems. These include getting up and walking around the office every few hours, performing eye exercises to avoid eye strain and coming home and using a foot massager for improved circulation.
Foot massagers can be a convenient and comfortable way to avoid some of the aforementioned problems associated with sedentary desk work. They help improve the circulation of blood throughout your lower body, reducing pain and swelling. They also stimulate the nerves of your feet, which are amongst the most sensitive on your body. The tendons and blood vessels in your feet are also connected to parts across your body, and stimulation can help with an overall relaxing effect.
If you find yourself tired after a long day of work at the office, a foot massager might just be the addition to your home that helps get rid of the office blues. However, before you make a purchase, here are some of the factors you need to consider in order to choose the best foot massager for your home.
Factors to Keep in Mind for Best Foot Massager For Your Home
- Surface Area of the Massaging Pads
Foot massagers come in a variety of sizes and shapes, and it is very important that you choose on which is right for you. The key to selecting a great foot massager is to look it up on Amazon and compare it with the size and the shape of your feet. If you have curved feet, you must look out for a massager that takes the curvature into account.
Similarly, if you have feet which are large or small, you must look for a foot massager which accounts for these. If you have large feet and select a massager which has small massage pads, you might not get an all-round massage and it may even result in distributed pain as a result of too much pressure.
- Cushioning Provided in the Foot Massager
Foot massagers are devices that are meant to bring comfort and relief to you, the user. The best foot massager for your home would be one which has adequate cushioning for your feet. Cushioning is important because the soles of your feet are incredibly sensitive and susceptible to injury. Foot massagers make use of multiple balls and motors to massage your feet, and it is important to have layers of cushioning between your feet and these motors for the best experience.
- Heating Functionality of the Foot Massager
It should be stated that heating is not an essential feature when it comes to foot massagers, but it is a great feature to have if you are looking for the best possible experience. The best foot massager for your home would incorporate heating elements in the massage pads to ensure a tender and smooth massage for you.
The application of heat soothes the muscles in your feet and reduces swelling without triggering any pain. The heat also dilates the blood vessels in your feet to improve circulation and get your blood pumping throughout your foot.
- Control Options for the Massage
The best foot massager for your home would be one that would offer you multiple settings and controls for the type of massage you want. A foot massager with control options allows for versatility when it comes to your feet. These options can include various levels of pressure which brings levels of intensity to the massage. Some massagers also include controls for different patterns of massages, to keep each massage feeling fresh and new.
Now that we have gone over the factors needed to choose the best foot massager for your home, let us look at a few products which caught our eye and are sure to fit your needs.
This foot massager offered by The Sharper Image incorporates elements from traditional Shiatsu massage techniques to offer you an unparalleled experience. Shiatsu is a massage philosophy that originates from traditional Chinese medicine and is believed to improve circulation of blood throughout the body. This foot massager comes in a compact body with an integrated power cord, allowing for easy management and a versatile control system
- The Deep Kneading Shiatsu Foot Massager comes with six massage pads that have Shiatsu kneading heads, offering a thorough massage.
- The massager has a heating option that heats the massage pads up for a better and more soothing experience. The heating element automatically turns off after fifteen minutes to ensure safety and power savings.
- This foot massager offers versatile control option with its toe-touch controls. This means you can control the massager with your feet without having to bend down after a long, tiring day at work.
- The massager had ridges that help guide your feet into the most optimal position for a safe and healthy massage and it is one of the best foot massager for your home.
The Deep Tissue is best foot massager for your home, MedMassager is a multi-purpose ergonomic foot massager that can be used in a variety of ways. The massager has a full size, oscillating foot pad that provides all round relief to feet of any size. The inclination and shape of the massager also allows it to be used to massage the calves and ankle. The MedMassager is recommended by chiropractors and doctors for its scientific principles and attractive design.
- The Deep Tissue Foot Calf Massager comes with a full-sized massage pad. This pad has raised bumps to stimulate every inch of your feet and has an oscillating action to stretch your muscles while massaging them.
- The massager is very adaptable and has 11 speed settings. This allows you to choose the intensity of the massage you desire, giving you control over your experience.
- This foot massager is inclined at an angle to provide the maximum amount of comfort to your feet while putting the least amount of strain on your ankles while massaging. The angle also lets you use the massager to massage your calves.
The Moji Foot Pro is the best foot massager for your home if you are looking for the most compact and small foot massager. Despite its tiny size, the Moji Foot Pro provides targeted relief with its six massage heads, helping provide support and relief at all angles. The compact size also helps make it suitable for customers who travel a lot.
This massager utilizes patented steel balls that can rotate freely, allowing you to move your foot over them whichever way you like. If you are a fan of soothing cold massages, these balls can be kept in the freezer for additional pain relief.
- Ergonomic design helps make this foot massager very portable, making it easy to carry to your office or while traveling.
- The unique six sphere design helps provide all around relief to whichever part of the foot is placed on it.
- The massager uses free rotating steel balls as massage heads.
This foot massager from Revitive is possibly the best foot massager for your home if you are looking to improve lower body circulation, especially in your feet. The Circulation Booster makes the use of innovative technologies like Electrical Muscle Stimulation and ISORocker technology to improve circulation, build muscle and relieve pain in your legs and feet. With 15 different levels of stimulation, you can control how much stimulation your muscles get, and the attractive design makes it a worthy addition to your home.
- The Revitive Circulation Booster is a foot massager specially aimed at improving blood circulation and increasing muscle stimulation.
- The Electrical Muscle Stimulation achieves high levels of stimulation for your calves, soles and shin muscles. For your ankles, the ISORocker can move back and forth like a stepping machine, making sure they receive adequate stimulation.
- The muscle stimulation along with increased circulation make the product ideal for helping with pain, providing relaxation and training your muscles to help you walk longer.
This foot massager from uComfy is one of the best foot massager for your home because of its versatile design and all-round usability. The massager comes with two fully enclosed slots for you to insert your feet into and has five massage intensities. It also comes with two completely different massage modes, a kneading Shiatsu style massage and a vibration style massage. The uComfy massager also has a heating element that can apply heat for more pain relief. It can also utilize air pressure during the massage, helping provide more stimulation to your feet.
- The uComfy Shiatsu Foot Massager has two styles of massage, each with five different intensities, giving you unparalleled control over your massage.
- The design ensures that your feet are completely encapsulated within the foot massager, this helps massage your feet from above and below.
- The heating and air pressure function can help provide additional pain relief and blood circulation on top of the massage features.
We all live stressful lives and there is nothing worse than coming home after a hard day’s work and having painful feet. Using a foot massager can take away some of these problems by massaging your feet, improving blood circulation and keeping your muscles stimulated. A great foot massager can leave you refreshed and relaxed, helping you sleep better and stress free.
We hope that this list of products helps you choose the best foot massager for your home and lets you have comfortable feet, even after the longest workdays!
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do foot massagers work?
Foot massagers have one simple design philosophy in place. They use a set of motors and massage heads to provide relief to your feet. This philosophy is implemented in two different ways. First is Shiatsu massagers which provide a kneading action for targeted muscle relief. The second is vibration massagers, which use motors to vibrate the foot, helping with blood circulation. The best foot massager for your home would be one that utilizes both for an all-round experience.
- Are foot massagers safe to use?
Yes, if they are used properly and according to the instructions provided by the manufacturers, foot massagers are safe to use.
- Do foot massagers help with cramps?
Cramps most often occur due to a buildup of lactic acid and a lack of blood circulation. Foot massagers help break down the lactic acid and significantly improve blood circulation, helping relieve cramps.
- Are foot massagers a good investment?
This is a very subjective question. However, foot massagers are an investment into your health and comfort, and anything which improves your quality of life, is a good investment.