Welding Made Easy- Best Mig Welders For You
MIG or Metal Inert Gas Welding is a semi-automatic process that utilizes an electrode, gas from an external source, and electricity to weld joints. It is the more modern and easy process delivering high welding speeds. It opted because it has better control on thinner materials. Developing less slag it is also the cleanest choice. We will list some of the best MIG welders for you.
MIG welders were invented in the late nineteenth century and since then they are a very popular choice and often opted for welding a wide variety of metals and alloys. If you’re a beginner in the welding business and want some ease in your work eliminating the skeptical and complex process then you must choose one of the best MIG welders available. They produce good, professional-looking welds and can also be used for learning, indulging in personal hobbies, maintaining farm equipment, automotive work, and some mechanical works too.
Before buying the best MIG welder you must know a few facts and learn about the works and factors to know before buying the best MIG welder matching your needs and requirements.
Factors to Look for while Buying Best MIG Welders:
MIG welding is much faster than traditional welding methods and is also a lot less messy, producing very less splatter. One should opt for best MIG welders because they have a lot of advantages over other methods.
- They are easy to learn and the easiest to use.
- Cleanest welding method with almost no slag produced.
For you to choose the best MIG welders the following factors can be very useful:
- Power: The power of the welder depends on the work you would be doing. The power is often associated with the amperage and voltage of the welder. The amount of heat produced in a given duty cycle is the amperage. If your work requires you to keep welding for a longer time and heavier, thicker metals you should choose one with more power.
- Voltage: The MIG welders need 110V outlets to perform seamless work. But it then depends on the kind of work you choose to do. The 110V is easy and can be used in any household electric socket and you could work effortlessly. But if you need the welder for intense use, choose the 220V.
- Spool Gun: It’s an additional feature that some of the best MIG welders provide. It’s completely optional as it depends on the buyer. If you think there might be future use to have a spool gun then go for it, else you can choose a product without the advantage and save a few bucks.
- Warranty: Most of the brands provide you a warranty for the product. But you could also find a few without the warranty. Excluding the warranty would cut the price a bit.
- Gas: MIG welders use different types of gases. The choice of gases would be again based on the kind of metal or work you are up to. The most popular choice is argon, carbon dioxide or the mixture of both.
- MIG Wire: There is a wire that runs through the gun into the weld pool. Different brands and products have different kinds of wire. Choose a thick one for better safety and efficiency.
Now, we know what we should look for while buying the best MIG welders to put in our best use. So let’s discuss a few of the best MIG welders available in the market.
1. Hobart 500559 Handler 140 MIG Welder 115V:
Hobart is known for its quality and durability and the Handler 140 is the best MIG welders by the brand. It operates at a 115V household current. The Hobart Handler 140 MIG is very versatile and has a 5-position tapped voltage controller for you to tune accordingly. Here are some key features:
- Can be used to weld mild steel, stainless steel, and aluminum.
- Can be used both for MIG and flux core welding
- Amperage range of 25-140A
- Comes with a:
- 10ft HR-100MIG gun
- 10ft work cable with clamps
- Dual gauge regulator
- Sample spool of flux-cored wire
- Material thickness gauge
The Handler 140 by Hobart provides industrial accomplishment for any work you do. Be it welding farm tools or your automobile, Handler 140 would seamlessly suffice.
2. LOTOS MIG175 175AMP MIG Welder:
The LOTOS MIG175 is one of the best MIG welders with versatile usability. It can weld aluminum and has transformer technology making it very reliable and durable. It uses a 220V wall outlet and is very easy to set up. The product also boasts of its long life and optimal safety. Mentioned below are a few of its key features:
- Offers a much stable experience
- Comes with included spool gun
- Uses transformer technology making it utmost reliable
- Can be used for mild and stainless steel and aluminum.
- Has a 30-day refund offer and a 1-year warranty.
- Includes a MIG torch, Aluminum spool gun, welding mask and wire, gas hose, ground clamp cable, and argon regulator.
3. HIT BOX New Arrival MIG Welder MIG250:
The Hit box MIG welder is a commonly bought household welder. It is very easy to use and is used most often for indoor decors or DIY jobs or by the one who has such hobbies. It is very portable and economical. It can be used for long and continuous welding and is much more easy and efficient than the traditional methods and very neat and clean. It is one of the best mig welders, Let’s look through some more exciting features.
- Can be used as both gas and gasless welder.
- It is 3 in one- TIG, MIG and ARC welding machine.
- It adores a very simple design and is compact and lightweight.
- Comes with an earth clamp, electrode holder, gas tube, portable plug, and MIG gun, ready to use.
- Hit box provides 24 hours of customer service.
- Comes with a 1-year warranty.
4. Forney 261, 140 FC-I MIG Welder:
The Easy Weld 140 FC-I by Forney uses flux core wire and is capable of doing a lot than bargained for. The machine can handle DIY applications, some maintenance, and repair jobs, metal fabrication, and also be a companion to a hobbyist welder. Here are few of its specifications that you must check before buying:
- It’s compact and lightweight.
- It is very easy to use and has speed control which makes it perfect for a beginner
- It still is very powerful and can deliver up to 140Amp can be used to weld mild steel.
- It comes with a metal case, making it too durable.
- Includes an 8′ MIG gun, 20A-15A adapter, and 8′ ground clamp.
- Comes with a 12 months warranty.
5. Display-4 top MIG 130 PLUS Welder:
The MIG 130 plus uses 110V and flux core welding, best suited for welding aluminum, carbon steel, stainless steel, etc. It has an internal cooling system and is very safe to use and is often the first choice of beginners. The product lets you do all the necessary work needed by a beginner and is considered as the best MIG welder at entry-level. Here are some useful features about this product:
- Uses flux-cored wire and gasless welding making it the safest choice.
- Have automatic thermal safety protection and an internal cooling system.
- It is a very strong and durable and long term product.
- The machine can withstand fluctuating voltage without incurring any damage.
- Being lightweight it is very portable and also comes with a comfortable hand grip to carry it around.
- Comes with the following accessories:
- A welding gun with on/off safety control
- a grounding clamp
- A brush
- A protection mask
Now, we have gone through different welders we know for a fact that the best MIG welder for us depends hugely on the kind of work we need to do with it. We have to be very specific with our approach and choose the one which would be giving us the best possible outcome in the long run. Hence before going out getting yourself one of these make sure you know why you got it.
MIG welding has been the modern approach for fabrication works and even if we aren’t strictly in the business we still might need one of these. The easy to use and practical applications this machine has made it a wonderful thing to buy. You could easily find the best MIG welders in the market or browse them online.
Also read best air fryers which are available in the market.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Are MIG welders safe to use?
Yes, MIG welders are quite safe, reliable, and are often used by the rookies in the welding business. As we all know, that welding is risky and hazardous. But MIG welders have lowered the number of fumes with which they are less dangerous to the welder’s well-being. Also, metal inert gas welding (MIG) has fewer eruptions.
- Can we plug MIG welders in our home outlets?
Yes, you can plug MIG welders to your home outlets with ease. The MIG welders use 110 V or 220 V which can be easily plugged into the household outlets for daily use.
- Does the weld last long when made by a MIG welder?
Yes. If you’re using one of the best MIG welders then it produces some of the best welds and joints which are quite neat and clean and splatter-free too.
- Can we use a MIG welder without a gas?
Yes. MIG welders without a gas are one of the best and safest choices for all the beginners. No gasoline MIG welder doesn’t accept gas due to which they have a curved wire which is filled with flux. Here, the flux is used to preserve the welding puddle which uses a flux centered wire with a shielding gas which further processed with the MIG to protect the welding puddle.
- Can I weld stainless with the help of MIG welders?
Yes. We can use MIG welders flat gauge stainless steel in a compact line mode with a compressed type of 120 V or 230 V input power supply.
- Does MIG welding cause sunburn?
A Welding arc and the welding flames emanate bright visible, infrared, ultraviolet radiation. UV transmissions in a welding arc burn the unprotected part of your skin. Also, prolonged exposure to UV radiation can lead to skin cancer.