Ukulele is one of the most popular instruments. It is enjoyed by a huge number of people all across the world. The soulful yet powerful music from a tenor ukulele can touch the hearts of its listeners. Ukulele is one of the best instruments any beginner can learn.
Whether you are someone who loves to perform and play the ukulele, or someone who wants to learn to play the ukulele, shopping for the best tenor ukulele can be hard. Choosing the best one could seem daunting. There are so many types of ukulele that it is easy to become confused.
Ukuleles come in different sizes, the material etc. Trying to select one amidst such a variety can turn out to be difficult, especially if you are a beginner.
Such a situation can be made easy by keeping a few points in mind. Here are a few factors that could help you pick the best tenor ukulele:
- The size of the ukulele matters a lot. You need to know which size is the perfect fit for you. Take a look at the various sizes of ukulele available before you make a selection.
- Tenor ukulele, along with baritone or concert-sized ukuleles, is best for someone with large hands. This is because these sizes of ukuleles have a large fretboard.
- Consider how much you are willing to spend for a ukulele. Having a proper budget in mind is very important. Buying an acoustic ukulele will save you some money while an electro-acoustic ukulele, though costlier, will produce more sound and volume.
- A brand that provides various accessories such as tuning pegs, extra strings are best. You will need such accessories while playing the instrument. So try to buy a ukulele that comes with all these rather than having to buy them separately.
Here is a list of some of the best tenor ukuleles that are available and might be perfect for you:
This tenor ukulele comes in two different colours- acoustic (mentioned here) and brown. This can be used by any beginner or intermediate player of the ukulele. This particular tenor ukulele has a “C” shaped neckand the fretwire material used is cupronickel.
The fretboard and bridge are made of walnut wood and the body’s top, back and sides are made of AAA mahogany.The company also provides the customers with lifetime string satisfactory plan, online instruction on how to install it and even ukulele lessons for beginners of the instrument.
All of this makes this the best tenor ukulele available these days. This product also comes with a set of quality tuning pegs. Finer and more stable tuning of the ukulele makes sure that the musical instrument has the best intonation and stays in tune longer. The mahogany used has a satin finish and it also hasdecorative roping around the soundhole.
Here are some more features of this instrument that truly make it the best tenor ukulele:
- The sealed 18:1 gear tuning machine ensures that the ukulele stays in tune. It makes sure that you do not go “out of tune” soon. This gear is made of pure copper and will not rust easily and is harder.
- The advanced D’Addario carbon nylon strings of the tenor ukulele are a plus point if you are buying this one.
- The ukulele is pre-tuned at a lower action before it is shipped to its destination so that you can touch the strings easier.
- The brand also offers its customers with a lifetime of free replacement of strings.
- There are online classesfor beginners of the ukulele on the company’s website.
This is the best tenor ukulele that comes in the classic style in the size of a learner’s kit. The Kala Companyhas an app (Kala App) that makes it easier to play the ukulele. The app consists of a tuner, play-along songs, and lessons that are easy to follow.
The website also has a “learn to play”section that will make it easier for beginners to learn to play the instrument. Basic lessons of playing the ukulele such as tuning, chords that are beginner-friendly, techniques for strumming etc. are taught in the tutorials that are easy to follow.
Included along with the tenor ukulele is a start guide. It is a page-by-page instructional manual that will help you to learn the ukulele even if you are a beginner. The tenor ukulele is made of mahogany of the highest quality. The craftsmanship and the amazing tone behind this ukulele make it the best tenor ukulele. This is one thing you will not regret buying.
Here are some reasons to convince you this is the best tenor ukulele:
- The body of this tenor ukulele is made of mahogany of the highest quality. The ukulele also has the traditional Polynesian Shark Teeth rosette and has the Aquila strings that are from Italy. The open gear turners are of great quality. You also get GraphTech NuBone nut and saddle.
- The official Kala Tenor Ukulele Starter Kit contains everything you need to start playing this beautiful instrument.
- The kit includes a Kala logo tote bag anda 20-page quick starter guide with all the information you need to play your new ukulele.
- Kala provides you with the best platform for you to start playing the ukulele.
This is the best tenor ukulele that comes in two different sizes- KA- 8 and KA- 6 (mentioned here). They also come in two varieties. One of them is that you get the bundle along with the gig bag while the other option makes sure you get a hard case along with the bundle (mentioned here).
The best part about choosing a musical instrument from the Austin Bazaar collection is that they provide their customers with all the necessary accessories along with the best instrument. The box contains everything you need to start playing the ukulele. It also contains a hard case so that you can protect your instrument and keep it safely packed away while travelling with it.
The box also includes a clip-on tuner that is easy to use and one that you can carry with you so that you can always keep your instrument in tune. The brand also offers its customers the Austin Bazaar instructional DVD that will help the users to play the instrument.
Here are a few more reasons why we call this the best tenor ukulele available in the market these days:
- The top, back and sides of the body of the ukulele is made of the highest quality mahogany.
- The instrument has a glossy finish and has a cream binding.
- The fingerboard of the tenor ukulele is made of walnut.
- The box also comes with a strap so that you can play the ukulele while standing up too.
- A polishing cloth from Austin Bazaar is also included. This is to help you keep your tenor ukulele clean and in mint condition.
This particular tenor ukulele from the Enya collection is the best tenor ukulele for several reasons. Any instrument from Enya is carefully inspected before shipping it to their customers. They also provide lifetime customer service and support to the users of their instruments. Their musical instruments, including this tenor ukulele, are handmade.
They want to give their customers and to all the music lovers across the world the most cost-effective handmade musical instruments. This is the best tenor ukulele you will lay your hands on because of its many beautiful features. This best tenor string ukulelehas a slotted headstock. The neck of the instrument is made from mahogany BT neck attachment and the whole body has a nice, matte finish.
The strings of this particular tenor ukulele are the D’Addario strings. Here are a few more amazing features of this ukulele that might be perfect for you:
- With HPL KOA materials used in the making of this ukulele, highest quality and great durability is guaranteed.
- You do not have to worry about the temperature of the environment or the humidity in your surroundings affecting the instrument. You can play it freely in any weather, knowing it is durable.
- The tenor ukulele is optimized to be comfortable for anyone who is holding and playing it.
- It has been designed to produce optimum and premium sound that will seem magical to you.
- The mahogany neck and the advanced fluorocarbon strings of the ukulele make sure that the voice produced is amazing.
- The package that comes along with the tenor ukulele includes a strap, an extra set of strings, capo, sand shaker, a polish cloth etc.
This is a 26” tenor ukulele from Enya that is truly the best tenor ukulele you might find in the market these days. Whether you are a beginner when it comes to playing the ukulele or an experienced expert-level player of the instrument, this one is perfect for you. In the package, along with the tenor ukulele, one will also find many other accessories that will help in performing the instrument and in taking care of it.
These accessories include a premium case, 2 picks, one strap that will help you play the instrument even while standing up, a tuner to make sure your ukulele is always in tune, a capo, a polish cloth to maintain your tenor ukulele in mint condition, an extra set of strings in case you need it and a sand finger shaker.
The fingerboard is made of richlite while the neck of the ukulele is made of mahogany BT neck attachment. It has a slotted headstock and the top, back and sides of the body of the tenor ukulele have laminated KOA.
All of these points make it the best tenor ukulele but in case you still have your doubts, here are a few more points to show you why this product is amazing:
- The tenor ukulele is cost-effective considering it is a handmade musical instrument.
- The whole instrument has a matte finish, making it look classy and stylish at the same time.
- The materials used in the making of the instrument make sure that the ukulele is durable even under varied temperature and humid conditions.
- There is comfort in playing the instrument the way it has been designed.
- The quality of the voice is one thing you can be sure is great, especially due to the mahogany body and the fluorocarbon strings of the tenor ukulele.
This is the list of some of the best tenor ukuleles that are available in the market these days. Ukuleles are one of the most popular and sought-after musical instruments, especially by beginners. It is an instrument that is easy and interesting to learn.
There is a huge community of ukulele music lovers all over the world. So be a part of that beautiful community by getting your tenor ukulele today. With our list, we hope it made your search for the best tenor ukulele easier.
Tips on buying a best tenor ukulele
There are several ukuleles which are available in the market with various models with the different price range. So when you are purchasing one, then go for the best tenor ukulele and look for the below-mentioned features:
- Always look for ukulele which is having more resonance and can create deeper sound. The finger port should be large enough to easily accommodate your hands.
- There are different types of shapes of the ukulele. You can pick the one with the guitar-shaped or go for the pineapple or a boat paddle-shaped.
- When you are purchasing the ukulele go for the solid wood as they are durable and will provide better resonance.
- Apart from the ukulele, you will also have to concentrate on the accessories like an electronic tuner which will help you in tuning the ukulele easily.
All these pointers are important when it comes to picking the best tenor ukulele.
- What is the difference between a tenor ukulele and a soprano?
The soprano ukulele is the smallest of the four standard sizes of ukulele. It produces a bright, jangly sound. They have about 12-15 frets. Tenor ukuleles are larger. This means that the sound they produce is louder and fuller than that of a soprano ukulele. They have more frets.
- Why is tenor ukulele so popular?
The tenor ukuleles are larger than both soprano and concert ukuleles. This large size ensures that they give a resonant, full sound that has a bass-like tone. The volume produced is also louder than the concert and soprano ukuleles.
- Is it easy for beginners to learn to play a tenor ukulele?
If the person has small hands, it will be easier for them to play a concert or soprano ukulele as they are smaller in size. The ones with large hands can play on a tenor ukulele.