You will have to be living under a rock to not know what a projector is. However, for those who don’t know, a projector is a device that can, as the name suggests ‘project’ your screen onto larger surfaces. This is very useful for meetings and discussions which have a large number of viewers or participants. The movie halls you go to every weekend also use a projector like device to project the movie onto the screen. However, these projectors are more advanced and aren’t usually used by individuals unless they own a home theatre themselves.
Projectors are not only important but also fun to work with. If you want, you can do many creative things with your projector.
The most important thing is to buy a projector that is value for money and is durable. Looking for the best projector under 500? Let us help you out. With our expertise on electronic devices and our passion for the same, we have curated a list of the top 5 projectors that you should consider if you want a quality projector under 500. Read on to learn about these products.
Before we jump start to our list, let us first know what factors you should consider if you indeed want to make a value for money investment.
Factors to consider before purchasing the best projector under 500:
- Type: If you didn’t know already, even projectors like all the other electronic devices have types. Thank to technology, there are many versions that are available in the market. However, projectors can be broadly classified into two broad classifications namely: DLP (Digital Light Processing) and LCD (Liquid Crystal Display). A DLP projects with the help of a colour wheel that has a chip with microscopic tilting mirrors. The light reflects off these mirrors and projects the image. Whereas, with respect to LCD projectors they have three coloured chips that aid in projection.
- Light source: This is another important factor that you should consider before purchasing a projector. There are many sources which may be LEDs, lamps and laser. It is said that lamp based projectors have a shorter life than LEDs. However, lamp based projectors are more affordable. In the long run however, these may not be as cost effective as they have more replacement and maintenance costs than the other variants of projectors.
- Contrast ratio: Contrast ratio is very important for clear images. If the contrast is lessor more than the required level then it will disrupt the quality of the images. It is very important that you consider the contrast range of your projector and assess its adjustability before you finalise on a product. A contrast ratio of 1500:1 is good but 2000: 1 is considered ideal.
- Portability: This is one of the most important things to consider before purchasing a projector. A projector should be such that it can be carried around without any hassle. If a projector has too many cables and is very heavy to carry around, avoid purchasing it.
- Price range: There is a wide variety of projectors available across a wide price range. Do not make the mistake of thinking that you need to invest a fortune in order to purchase the best projector under 500. Nowadays, many brands are providing the most affordable options with the most advanced features. Do no miss out on quality products due to the price-quality misconception. Make sure you do your research and assess all your options in order to make the most value or money purchase for yourself.
Now that we know about most of the factors that we should remember before purchasing a projector, let us dive into our list of the top 5 best projectors. If you are indeed looking for the best projector under 500, the make sure you give this list a thorough read. These products have been carefully assessed by our team on various grounds like affordability, quality and portability. You are sure to be satisfied with your purchase if you select one of the below mentioned products.
Here are our top 5 recommendations for the best projector under 500:
ViewSonic is indeed one of the best brads to purchase your projector from. Here’s why this may be the best choice you could make for yourself:
- Versatile: This is probably one of the most versatile projectors. It has a lot of flexibility and hence makes it ideal for both internal and external environments. You can easily make a setup outdoors and use this projector as well. Perfect for that day in or day out with friends.
- Screen dimensions: This projector can project on a screen of 120 inches from 15-feet 8-inches.
- Image size: The image size range is from 30-300 inches.
- Noise range: The noise range of this projector is 27dB in 3600 lumens.
- Easy setup: This projector has an easy setup and can be easily plugged into any device without much hassle. This is a positive point as this makes the projector more portable and easy to use than its competitors.
- Flexibility: This projector is compatible with most devices and hence can be plugged into any device easily.
Epson is another brand that is very famous in the world of electronics. If you are someone who loves electronics and has one of them at home, you would know why this is one of the most preferred brands among professionals. Here is why you should definitely consider purchasing this product.
- Vivid colour: Many projectors have a problem of not being able to produce crystal clear image. However, this will not be a problem with this projector. This projector has been specifically designed to produce crystal clear images without any obstructions or noise.
- Compatibility: This projector is highly compatible with all Apple and Windows devices. Just plug in and you’re good to go. You can also go wireless with this projector if you own an Apple device.
- Dimensions: The dimensions of this projector are as follows: focal length: 16.7millimetre, zoom ratio, digital zoom 1.0-1.35, pixel number: 480,000 dots.
- Easy to handle: Being light and having an easy configuration are few of the best features this projector has. These features make it portable and travel friendly and very easy to handle. Thanks to its simple configuration it is also very easy to operate and hence makes it to our list of the best projectors under 500.
If you are someone who knows their way around projectors then you would know why this projector is one of the most quality projectors that are available in the market. This projector is probably the best investment you can make for yourself and here’s why.
- 3D picture quality: This projector claims to provide 3D picture quality. Various positive reviews all across many online platforms prove that this product indeed stands up to its claims in this aspect. Get ready to experience picture clarity at a whole new level.
- Low lag: One of the most common problems faced by projectors lag. This may become a problem for gamers as their game requires smoothness and flexibility and any lag can massively impact their progress in the game. However, this will never be a problem with this projector. It has been specifically designed to prevent any kind of lag during playback.
- Optimum brightness: The brightness of this projector is such that it can be used both for internal and external environments. So whether you’re having a lazy games night with your friends or an outdoor picnic under the stars, this is the product for you.
- Long life: This projector has a long lamp life of about 10,000 hours which means that approximately you can use it up to 4 full hours for 10+ years. This long life makes it perfect for corporate use as businesses need to operate projectors almost every day for presentations.
- DLP technology: This projector uses DLP technology. This technology is used by cinemas and movie theatre screens worldwide and assures you a great experience all at the comfort of your own home.
Making it to our list is this amazing product which may be the best projector under 500 that you can invest in. Read on to find out why you should definitely consider this.
- Long lamp life: This projector has a lamp life of 50,000 hours which is indeed a very advantageous for people who need to operate projectors for long hours. This may be especially advantageous for corporate who need to make long presentations. However, this is also a very good purchase for movie nights in your home.
- Optimum dimensions: This projector has a screen size of 46”-300” with projection distance that varies from 5.15ft-30.18ft. Due to this optimum screen size you can easily project on any screen with full clarity.
- Wide connectivity: This projector is equipped with a 2*HDMI, AV, VGA, USB, SD Card and Audio Out Ports which allows you many ways in which you can connect to the projector.
- Guarantee: This projector comes with a 3-month free return for full refund and 3-year free repair.
This brand is one of the most recommended brands by experts because of its features. Read on o find more about this product ad why it may be the best projector under 500.
- Great picture quality: This projector provides you with a picture with 080p (1920×1080) resolution and an RYGCWB colour wheel that ensures that you get the best, crystal clear picture quality.
- Image alignment: This projector is equipped the DLP DMD single-chip design that aids in providing bright and colourful picture.
- Suitable for any environment: This projector is suitable for any environment and can be used in both external and internal environment. This projector produces high quality picture even in a dim lit room.
- Dynamic Black technology: This technology helps in achieving a high contrast ratio and hence deeper picture quality.
- Long lamp life: This projector has a long lamp life of 15000 hours which is perfect for corporates and homes alike.
The above list is only an inclusive one and many more products can be added to the list. There are indeed many products that can be added to this list. However, due to restraints of time and limited space, we have tried to make this list as compact as possible. Even though this list doesn’t list out many products, you can rest assured that these are few of the most quality purchases you can make for yourself. Our team has worked hard to do all the research for you so that you don’t have to do it yourself. These products have been carefully researched on and have some of the best reviews across various online platforms. Looking for the best projector under 500may not be an easy job thanks to the many products that are available in the market. This list narrows it down greatly for your convenience.
Before we end the article, we should talk about few of the most frequently asked questions about projectors.
Can one get a good projector under 500?
If you’re thinking of purchasing a new projector then there are certain things that you should keep in mind. The first will be the place for which you will be purchasing it like for meeting room, home theater or for the classroom. Make sure the projection on the screen is creating a good impression on the audience.
- Easy to use: The projector, which you must take should not include complicated methods. Always try to pick the best projector under 500 which is having the features of easy operation.
- Resolution: Resolution is expressed by the number of pixels which is a part of an image or display. If you purchase a projector with high resolution, then it will indicate that the image which will be created will be cleaned and crisper.
- Control and monitor: The control and monitor of a projector should be convenient and maintaining it should be easy.
Buying a projector under 500 will be a tricky job so make sure that you are considering all these points.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- Can I use projectors in a fully lighted room?
If you want to, you can. However, you will not achieve as clear a picture clarity you would have achieved in a dark room. Projectors are designed in a manner that they need to be operated in a dark room for optimum performance. If you want the best picture quality then you should make sure that the room is completely dark. Even a dim light will affect the picture quality of your projector. Hence, make sure you close all the doors and windows and switch of the lights whilst the projector is being operated.
- What are the blobs I see on my screen?
The blobs you see on your screen are probably dust particles on your projector screen. This can be easily avoided by carefully maintaining your projector. In order to make sure no dust accumulates on your projector, make sure you wipe your projector with a soft cloth and a cleaner that is free from any harmful chemicals. Once a week maintenance should be enough to avoid these blobs.
- Why do I see a lot of noise in my images?
Projectors magnify everything on to the screen. If the original picture has a little noise in its picture quality then it will be magnified on the screen. So, firstly check the picture quality of your media on another device and if it shows the same problem, the problem lies in the media and not in your projector. However, if you do not see this problem in other devices then you should try disconnecting your projector and connecting it once again. A loosely connected projector may create some noise and disrupt the quality of picture.
- How do I adjust the screen resolution of my device with the size of the projector screen?
Sometimes, you will find that the size of your screen doesn’t match with the size of your projector screen. However, this can be adjusted by making some settings on your device. If you are using a windows device, right-click on the desktop and select screen resolution and select the best resolution for yourself.